Located on the banks of the Qu’Appelle Valley on Treaty 4 Territory and the homeland of the Métis. The United Church gained possession of the site in 1905 as a location for their youth camps. The Camp is now located in the RM of Lumsden right beside Lumsden Beach, which officially became a municipality in 1918.
There is only one convenience store, but no services such as a boat launch, campground or gas station. Parking in the village and at the beach is very limited. Be advised access to beach parking may be closed to visitors on peak days in summer. There is visitor parking at the entrance to the community. From there, it is a short walk to the beach. Dogs are not allowed on the public beach from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily.